Let’s get right to this salad! Citrus was a huge craving of mine during pregnancy and after. I love how beets go with creamy burrata, and adding blood orange segments make it juicy and flavorful. Keep the burrata in halves if you want and pick at it as you go, or break it down into smaller pieces. Hemp seeds and pepitas bring in a wonderful crunchy seediness. This salad is bright, earthy, and very simple. I love it.
- 3 blood oranges
- 4 beets (2-3 if they’re larger in size)
- 1-2 large burrata balls
- sprinkling of hemp seeds and pepitas
- tender baby greens (I used mustard greens and asian greens)
- ~3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp juice from orange
- dash of salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Remove stems, skin the beets and slice into quarter inch half moons. Toss well in olive oil and salt & pepper, and lay on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30-35 minutes on middle rack.
- Slice the oranges. When the beets are baked and cooled a bit, assemble the salad by cutting open burrata, and layering oranges, beets, and greens along plate. Drizzle olive oil and orange juice over salad, as well as hemp seeds and pepitas.