Welcome to sprig & berry! I’m Erin, the gardener, recipe developer, and photographer.
Sprig & berry revolves around my passion for gardening and cooking. Together, they allow me to slow down and live in the moment. It started as a creative outlet and escape from my job as a lab tech, but I love keeping it up and letting the creativity flow with the seasons. I don’t adhere to any specific diet in particular, but my cooking style leans toward plant based and seasonal along with local dairy, eggs, and occasional meat and seafood in smaller amounts. I love to push creative boundaries to make beautiful, fresh dishes that ultimately support local, seasonal, organic farming.
Other tidbits about me:
- Chris and I welcomed our baby girl, Madeline, into our family on 2/26/18. I’m loving being a new mom, as challenging as it can be..
- I love cats and have 2 tabbies
- I’m a music lover and I miss cassette tapes. You can check out my funky bandcamp collection here
- I like being out in nature – biking, hiking, camping, all of that.
- I have a sweet tooth! I’m trying to get it under control but it’s always there
- I’m drawn to flavor combinations of herbs and fruit; that’s why I named my blog sprig & berry
I hope for sprig & berry to inspire others to garden and/or cook seasonal and local food. Thanks for checking it out, feel free to contact me about anything.
Here’s my portfolio for more of my food photography work.