Let’s get right to it. Fall is moving into winter, and this salad could definitely work well for the holidays as a nice precursor to the main dishes. It could also be easy for a weeknight dinner. Radicchio is excellent grilled; it takes on a nutty taste. I added some blue cheese yogurt drizzle, broccoli buds, pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate arils to make it a hearty, flavorful salad.
Ingredients – serves 2-4
- 2 radicchio heads
- 1 cup of finely cut broccoli buds
- 2 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
blue cheese yogurt drizzle
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp milk
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Slice radicchio heads in half lengthwise, leaving the core intact. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare blue cheese yogurt drizzle by whisking all ingredients together in a bowl. Add more blue cheese if a thicker consistency is desired.
- Grill radicchio on medium heat until each side begins to get tender and slightly brown. Turn back to flat side, and up the heat to med/high for the final few minutes to get some grill marks.
- When grilling is done, quickly serve up with blue cheese yogurt drizzle, broccoli buds, pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate arils. Cut halves into quarters or even smaller chunks if desired.
Happy holiday planning!