Here’s an awesome naan pizza to try for your next pizza night. I whipped it up making use of leftovers and ended up really loving it. The flavors are an incredible blend of sweet, savory, and earthy. Using parsley spinach pesto as the base really packs in the nutrients. Check out Well-Being Secrets’ nice article on 34 science-backed health benefits of spinach, and maybe make some extra pesto for later! Recipe makes enough for 2 personal pizzas.
Ingredients – parsley spinach pesto
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 6-8 baby spinach leaves (or 4-5 regular leaves)
- 1 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- salt & pepper
Ingredients – pizza
- naan (freshest you can find!)
- 2-3 prosciutto slices
- 1 sweet potato
- 4 sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup de-shelled pistachios
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp parsley for garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- To prepare the sweet potato chunks, skin the potato, and chop into ~1/2 inch – 1 inch cubes. Toss in olive oil and sea salt until evenly coated. Spread chunks out onto baking sheet, and bake for 35 minutes at 425° F, tossing halfway through.
- To prepare the parsley spinach pesto, blend parsley, spinach, olive oil, lemon juice, walnuts, and a dash of salt & pepper in a blender or magic bullet.
- Spread pesto onto naan, and top with sliced mushrooms, prosciutto, sweet potato chunks, and feta. Bake on center rack at 425° for 8-10 minutes, or until naan edges are crisp and browning. Sprinkle pistachios on pizza towards the end of baking time.
- Once pizza is done baking, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and top with parsley. Slice and enjoy!