You’ve probably been seeing a lot about acai bowls lately..they are hot right now. I used to buy the Sambazon acai berry packets to make smoothies back in the day. I remember really loving the taste of acai, but was confused why people are putting it in a bowl now and making it a big deal. I gave it a shot, bought the Sambazon packets yet again along with some toppings, and actually really enjoyed it. Acai berry originates from the Amazon rain forest, and is rich in antioxidants , fiber, and heart-healthy fats. Acai bowls got big in Hawaii and California, and are now spreading across the U.S. There are so many ways you can make them. Blend the acai (nice and thick) and top with anything like granola, fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, or avocado. Here’s my version:
- acai berry packet
- 1/2 cup almond milk or juice
- 1 big scoop of plain greek yogurt
- Pack of each strawberries, blueberries, blackberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup granola
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Blend acai berry packet (3.5 oz) with 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 scoop of greek yogurt, 1 banana, and 1 cup of berries. If not yet at desired thickness, add more berries and greek yogurt.
- Serve into bowl, and top with granola, remaining berries, banana, and cacao nibs.
So easy. Enjoy!