It’s summer. Time for berries. Strawberries shine in this delicious quinoa salad. Mix in peaches, basil, arugula, crumbled goat cheese, walnuts, balsamic, and a strawberry-lemon pesto for extra zest. Mmm. I really do love summer…
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 pint of strawberries
- 2 small peaches or 1 large peach
- 1 cup quinoa
- handful of arugula
- large bunch of basil leaves (about 15 leaves)
- 4 tbsp of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup walnuts
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 cups cups olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. While the quinoa is cooking, make the strawberry lemon pesto by blending (food processor is best) about 1 cup olive oil, 10 basil leaves, 5 strawberries, lemon juice, 1/2 cup of walnuts, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Let quinoa cool for 10-15 minutes after cooking. Once cooled, mix quinoa with arugula, rest of basil, rest of walnuts, and (almost all) the strawberry lemon pesto. Mix a bit.
- Finally, add the sliced strawberries, peaches, and goat cheese and toss lightly. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and remaining strawberry lemon pesto.